Thursday 10 May 2018

Week 14 Final Year Project 2


Date: 2 May 2018

Time: 9.00 a.m

Place: Gemilang Hall Unikl BMI



Objectives:


- To present the prototype of final year project 2 (FYP 2) during Industry Day to the assessors at the gemilang hall Universiti Kuala Lumpur British Malaysian Institute. 


Activities:

-  Today, I have to demonstrate my project as a prototype to my assessors which are from lecturer Unikl Bmi, Madam Sabrina Mohamad and research engineer from Uniten Melaka. The two assessors will see my project and give some comments during the presentation. During the presentation, I was able to explain every part of the poster such as introduction, flow chart, results and objectives. I explain why I didn't use the ppm formula (parts per million) as detecting the carbon dioxide gas and smoke release in the surroundings. I use air pollutant index as a reference to show the level hazardous of the air quality. The API is developed in easily understood ranges of values as a means of reporting the quality of air instead of using the actual concentration of air pollutants.

No automatic alt text available.

 - This index also reflects its effect on human health ranging from good to hazardous and also can be categorized according to the action criteria as stipulated in the National Haze Action Plan. The Malaysian API system closely follows the Pollutant Standard Index (PSI) developed by the United States Environmental Protection Agency. So, I set the minimum good air quality status that below than 100 API to show normal condition of the air when no smoke or leakage gas in the surroundings. The yellow Led will light up to alert the user if there any smoke detected. When the air quality more than 101 API, so the status is hazardous and immediately the buzzer will produce sound and red Led light up. My project is easily to understand and user friendly compared the other project. 

Figure 1 : Air Pollution Index Flowchart

No comments:

Post a Comment