Friday 13 April 2018

Week 10 Final Year Project 2









 

Date: 28 March 2018

Time: 3.00 p.m

Place: Medical section Level 5



Objectives: 

 - To show the progress and present of Final Year Project 2 hardware to the supervisor with complete simulation circuit. 


Activities:

-  Today, I want to present the progress of the FYP 2 to my supervisor at level 5 Medical Section with complete simulation hardware. During the testing, the temperature and humidity sensors are working very well to detect the room temperature about 27 degree celsius and humidity in 60%. Unfortunately, the gas sensor MQ 135 are not working properly because when the testing with carbon dioxide gas it shows 0 value for ppm (parts-per-million). I assume that the connection of the gas sensor was wrong to the Arduino NodeMcu. When measuring gases like carbon dioxide gas the term concentration is used to describe the amount of gas by volume in the air.

Easy Air Quality Report With NodeMCU+MQ135

- This project is to monitoring the air quality especially with NodeMCU as microcontroller and WiFi and MQ135 gas sensor. By create this project now I can monitor if the air quality is good or not and it will trigger automatically if the air quality is poor. This is very simple project created to be place in the hospital. Only need MQ135 library and little modification to connect internet.
    
- Connection beetwen NodeMCU to MQ135
  1. Connect NodeMCU A0 to MQ135 AOCo
  2. Connect NodeMCU GND to MQ135 GND
  3. Connect NodeMCU VIN (5V) to MQ135 VCC

- I have to make sure connection of the gas sensor to the NodeMCU is correctly. For CO2, if I measure points graph and do power regression I can obtain the function:
ppm = 116.6020682 (Rs/Ro)^-2.769034857
- I also know that the current amount of CO2 gas in atmosphere is (unfortunately) 392ppm, so, heating the sensor for 24 hours, and leaving it in open air, if I measure 26954ohm as the resistance output I can Ro should be 41763. Datasheet does not tell me much for detecting concentration scope for this gas, the figure is from 10 to 200ppm, but I can suppose a limit from 10 to 2000ppm.
- Here the complete the simulation hardware using NodeMCU: 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment